Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lessons From Romans 8:28

I have recently been attracted to a very familiar passage of Scripture, Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."  NASV I am learning five lessons from this passage:
1.  It is not conjecture, but certainty.  "And we know..."
2.  Things don't work, God does.  "God causes all things..."
3.  Not some things, but ALL things.  "...all things..."
4.  Not separately, but together.  "God causes all things to work together..."
5.  Not inclusive, but exclusive.  "...to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
It has been my privilege to share this message in two churches over the past few weeks.  In the midst of my preparation, my wife, Dolly, fell and broke her left ankle and right wrist and got nine stitches over her right eye.  This has been a test for me to see how that God works through ALL things for good.  However, Sunday evening as I got to witness as one of her caregivers in the rehabilitation center prayed to receive Christ, I began to see how this works to some extent.  I must admit that I do not fully understand it yet, but I do believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment